Chinatown JKD Instructor Team
About the Instructor
Sifu Tim Tackett, Sifu Dennis Blue and Sifu Jeremy Lynch round out the Instructor Team for our Jeet Kune Do Lessons.
Our vision is to share and preserve these techniques while providing Jeet Kune Do practitioners from all over the world access to the most complete Chinatown Jeet Kune Do video tutorials and training program available anywhere.
Beyond the Level 1 Curriculum, Chinatown JKD offers a wide range of advanced techniques and strategies; all of which have been organized into a clearly defined, systematic curriculum which will enable you to qualify for your Level 2 ranking (2nd Rank).
The techniques and strategies featured in Level 2 are significantly more complex than those featured in the Level 1 course and many of the volumes will cover aspects of sparring (this is because Level 2 ranking is partly based on sparring performance).
Level 2 is broken down into 9 separate volumes, each covering different aspects of the 2nd Rank requirements.
The Level 2 curriculum of Chinatown JKD integrates all the lessons from your Level 1 lessons and adds another layer of sophistication.
Level 2 is not taught in a ‘progressive lesson format’, instead it focuses on integrating the lessons contained within Level 2 to what you have already been working on.
You will learn brand new material, concepts, principles and strategies in 9 different areas of study:
- Sparring – Sparring is a big part of your training as you progress in Chinatown JKD. In volume 1, you will learn the fundamentals of sparring as well as: different lines of attack; counter-attacking strategies; how to deal with different types of opponents; and ring generalship (for sparring matches)
- Defensive Drills – Volume 2 will cover various defensive drills, such as: the slipping and “bob and weave” progressions; boxing, kickboxing and wall survival drills.
- Attacking Methods – In volume 3, you will learn Sijo Bruce Lee’s famous “5 Methods of Attack”: Single Direct Attack / Single Angular Attack; Attack By Combination; Attack By Drawing; Progressive Indirect Attack; Hand Immobilization Attack. You will also be get and in-depth lesson on “broken rythm” and how to apply it in combat.
- Sensitivity Training – Trapping is the topic of discussion in Volume 4. It includes lessons on: the swinging gate drill; counter trapping tactics; combative applications of trapping; energy drills as taught in Sifu Dan Inosanto’s backyard classes; and historical techniques.
- Advanced Striking & Footwork – Volume 5 consists of 5 modules, where you will learn more advanced punching, kicking, footwork drills and techniques of Chinatown Jeet Kune Do.
- Infighting Techniques – In volume 6, Sifu Dennis Blue will share with you the infighting techniques as taught in Sifu Tackett’s garage (as part of the JKD Wednesday Night Group) designed to fill in gaps in the Chinatown JKD curriculum concerning close quarters fighting. While this is considered supplementary material, it is a very important part of your overall game.
- Ground Escapes – Sifu Jim McCann is the featured instructor in Volume 7. Our approach to ground fighting is very simple: “Get back to our feet!” In this volume you will learn simple and effective techniques for getting off the ground from various positions (in the event you find yourself on the ground during an encounter).
- The Wooden Dummy (Mook Jong) – Sifu Tackett provides a general overview of techniques and training methods on the Mook Jong in volume 8. Sifu focuses on the elements of the Wing Chun and JKD sets (created by Dan Inosanto) used most often by the JKD Wednesday Night Group & Chinatown JKD.
- Distance Drills – These lessons in volume 9 concludes the Level 2 set. Sifu Tackett is back to teach you how to defend or intercept by controlling range during an encounter. He will share with you several drills and strategies to use distance to your advantage.
- And A Lot More!
This Is The Next Best Thing To Being There “Live” And In-Person!
This entire set is available for immediate viewing as part of your membership portal.
Click on the "Add Cart" button below to get access! It will only take a few seconds. When you are done, (this is important), you will need to check your email because there is a second part to this… your unique username and password to access the content in the exclusive members area.
Still Not Sure?
This is what you get as a member:
- Authentic Chinatown JKD Curriculum! - This is the first online video training course on Chinatown JKD - the curriculum and techniques taught by Bob Bremer, Tim Tackett and Jim Sewell. If you have ever wanted to learn authentic old-school Chinatown JKD, this is for you.
- Progressive Lessons! We use a step-by-step developmental process with a logical linkage between lessons that will take you from a rank beginner to a functional fighter.
- Hours of Content - Each volume include multiple videos (generally 3 - 5 videos per volume)
- Opportunity for Rank Advancement! - For the first time ever, learn all the techniques and nuances required for rank advancement in Chinatown JKD! (Sign up and get an inside look at the technical foundation expected at each level)
Save Money, and Get In While You Can!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How Do I Sign Up As A Member?
A: You can get access to our Premium Members area by choosing one of the membership levels above. Once you've have placed your order, you will get immediate access to all of the Chinatown JKD Level 1 curriculum.
Q: Do I have to sign a contract to become a Premium Member?
A: No, there are no contracts. Each member level is a one-time payment.
Q: How much do the lessons cost?
A: Please check each of the Lesson pages for the latest pricing.
Q: Once I become a member of JKD lessons, how long will it be in my library for?
A: Once you've become a premium member, the lessons (for the level you purchased) will be available in the member's area for unlimited viewing... forever.
Q: What’s the difference between the JKDLessons.com and other online courses?
A: The lessons in the JKDLessons.com is structured to be a progressive curriculum and designed to accelerate the learning process of Chinatown JKD.
Q: What are the necessary system requirements to view the lessons?
A: It is designed to run on both PC and Mac multi-media platforms with a broadband connection.
Q: Is there a limit to how often I can view each lesson?
A: No. You have unlimited viewing capability.