Chinatown JKD Instructor Team
About the Instructor
Sifu Tim Tackett, Sifu Dennis Blue and Sifu Jeremy Lynch round out the Instructor Team for our Jeet Kune Do Lessons.
Our vision is to share and preserve these techniques while providing Jeet Kune Do practitioners from all over the world access to the most complete Chinatown Jeet Kune Do video tutorials and training program available anywhere.
Within the Level 3 curriculum of Chinatown JKD there is a heavier emphasis on sparring ability as well as correcting and refining the skill-sets you’ve acquired in Levels 1 and 2. Level 3 also offers new techniques, strategies and training methods to include into your Jeet Kune Do arsenal.
Level 3 is broken down into 8 separate volumes, each covering various aspects of the JKD game required for 3rd Rank advancement.
The Level 3 curriculum of Chinatown JKD is all about skill refinement, sparring and the understanding of how to apply JKD in self-defense.
Level 3 is not taught in a ‘progressive lesson format’, instead it focuses on expanding on the lessons contained within Levels 1 & 2.
You will learn brand new material, concepts, principles and strategies, such as:
- Core Technique Refinement - Get the finer details of Stop Kicking (including leg obstruction and the shin-knee sidekick) as well as the straight lead, gaining proper penetration of punches and HIA (Hand Immobilization Attacks).
- The “Biu Jee” - The “Biu Jee” or the Finger Jab is one of the most important techniques in Chinatown Jeet Kune Do. Sifu Dennis shares different ways of applying the finger jab, various drills used to train the technique, integrating ‘alive’ training of the finger jab and how to use the finger jab against aggressive attackers.
- Full-Contact Sparring - Sparring full contact is a crucial element of JKD training. In these lessons we’ll take a look at some common errors you and your training partners may encounter when sparring and how to best correct them.
- Feints, Fakes & Draws - Learn the subtle differences between feints, fakes and draws. This is an in-depth look at the art of the feint in Jeet Kune Do and how to properly apply it in your training and sparring. (see the sample lesson above)
- Fighting Leads - Bruce Lee advocated the use of the ‘strong side forward’ stance in Jeet Kune Do. In Level 3, we will take a look at the pros and cons of the JKD stance as taught in Chinatown JKD. Strategy and tactics are discussed as well as the use of trapping against an opponent who has been trained to fight from an orthodox stance.
- Solo Training - If you want to excel in your training you will need to learn how to train when no training partner is available. In Level 3 we have a 90-minute segment on various solo training methods using common equipment such as the heavy bag and double end bag.
- Personal Combat - As you grow in JKD, you must learn the proper tactics and strategies of personal combat and how they apply to JKD. An entire lesson is dedicated to a lecture and demonstration by Sifu Dennis Blue on training and application of personal combat with JKD.
- And More!
This Is The Next Best Thing To Being There “Live” And In-Person!
This entire set is available for immediate viewing as part of your membership portal.
Click on the "Add Cart" button below to get access! It will only take a few seconds. When you are done, (this is important), you will need to check your email because there is a second part to this… your unique username and password to access the content in the exclusive members area.
Still Not Sure?
This is what you get as a member:
- Authentic Chinatown JKD Curriculum! - This is the first online video training course on Chinatown JKD - the curriculum and techniques taught by Bob Bremer, Tim Tackett and Jim Sewell. If you have ever wanted to learn authentic old-school Chinatown JKD, this is for you.
- Progressive Lessons! We use a step-by-step developmental process with a logical linkage between lessons that will take you from a rank beginner to a functional fighter.
- Hours of Content - Each volume include multiple videos (generally 3 - 5 videos per volume)
- Opportunity for Rank Advancement! - For the first time ever, learn all the techniques and nuances required for rank advancement in Chinatown JKD! (Sign up and get an inside look at the technical foundation expected at each level)
Save Money, and Get In While You Can!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How Do I Sign Up As A Member?
A: You can get access to our Premium Members area by choosing one of the membership levels above. Once you've have placed your order, you will get immediate access to all of the Chinatown JKD Level 1 curriculum.
Q: Do I have to sign a contract to become a Premium Member?
A: No, there are no contracts. Each member level is a one-time payment.
Q: How much do the lessons cost?
A: Please check each of the Lesson pages for the latest pricing.
Q: Once I become a member of JKD lessons, how long will it be in my library for?
A: Once you've become a premium member, the lessons (for the level you purchased) will be available in the member's area for unlimited viewing... forever.
Q: What’s the difference between the JKDLessons.com and other online courses?
A: The lessons in the JKDLessons.com is structured to be a progressive curriculum and designed to accelerate the learning process of Chinatown JKD.
Q: What are the necessary system requirements to view the lessons?
A: It is designed to run on both PC and Mac multi-media platforms with a broadband connection.
Q: Is there a limit to how often I can view each lesson?
A: No. You have unlimited viewing capability.